A green salad filled with apples, dried apricots, pistachios, quinoa, and goat cheese dressed in a honey mustard vinaigrette.
I’m slowly making my way out of a sugar coma. Between my mom’s birthday cake (happy belated b-day, mama!), Easter candy (I’m looking at you Reese’s eggs), and a few too many glasses of strawberry sangria (recipe coming soon!), I’m recovering from a deliciously sweet weekend. I’m hitting the reset button with this light and flavorful Apple, Apricot and Quinoa Salad.
I had a salad similar to this at a local wine bar, and I’ve been recreating it at home ever since.
This salad is filled with apples, dried apricots, quinoa, pistachios, and goat cheese. I LOVE the combination of flavors and textures going on here – creamy goat cheese, chewy dried apricots, crunchy pistachios, fluffy quinoa, and crisp apple. I dress the salad with a sweet and tangy honey mustard vinaigrette. The vinaigrette is made from a handful of ingredients that you probably have sitting in your kitchen right now.
Let’s put down the Cadbury eggs and make ourselves something with nutritional value. Grab a fork, friends. This salad is calling your name.
- 5 ounces spring greens, baby kale or spinach
- 1 apple, chopped or sliced
- 8 dried apricots, chopped or sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons pistachios, chopped or left whole
- ⅓ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt/pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small jar. Tightly seal and shake until combined.
- Place the greens in a serving bowl. Toss the greens with your desired amount of dressing (you will not use all the dressing). Leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for a few days. Add the apple, dried apricots, pistachios, quinoa, and goat cheese. Toss if desired. Serve immediately.