A quick and easy chocolate chip cookie recipe that is made in one bowl and yields a small batch of 3-5 cookies. Perfect for those times you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.
There are few things that are as satisfying as a fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie. One of life’s simple pleasures, you know? There are days when I just need a cookie. Yesterday was one of those days. This terrible two thing has been rearing it’s ugly head recently. My usually sweet son has been testing me, and man, it can make the day feel long. So, before he could yell “Jake do it!” or “No, no, no, that’s mine!” one more time, I hauled him into the kitchen and we got busy making cookies.
These cookies came mostly out of necessity. I needed an activity for us to do together and this mama needed to sink her teeth into something chocolaty asap! This small recipe is made in one bowl and it only makes a few cookies. It’s perfect for those times that you want/need to satisfy your sweet tooth but don’t want dozens of cookies sitting around. I made 5 medium sized cookies with the dough, but you can make any size you like. You could make a few big ones or several tiny two-bite mini cookies. As I say with all my cookie recipes – don’t over bake these. The middles of the cookies might look slightly underdone when you remove them from the oven but they’ll continue to cook as they cool on the baking sheet.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave the butter for several seconds, until it is softened and starting to melt, but not completely melted. Stir in the brown sugar. Add the vanilla and egg yolk, stirring until combined. Pour in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, reserving a few to press onto the tops of the dough.
- Drop the cookie dough into rounded balls onto a baking sheet and press some of the reserved chocolate chips onto the tops. Bake for 7-9 minutes*, until the edges are done and the centers just barely set.
*This is the baking time I used for cookies made with about one tablespoon of dough. If you make yours bigger or smaller, adjust the baking time by a couple minutes either way.
RELATED SMALL BATCH RECIPES: