Soft and chewy brown sugar blondies loaded with caramel pieces, white chocolate chips, and salted cashews. Sweet and salty, chewy and crunchy – so addicting!
Lately, I have been into the combination of caramel, cashews, and white chocolate. It is such a fantastic mix of textures and flavors. Our local grocery store has bulk bins of candy near the checkout, and they sell clusters of cashews and caramel covered in white chocolate. The caramel is chewy, the cashews are crunchy and salty, and the white chocolate is creamy. They are so delicious!
It was only a matter of time before I stuck those flavors into a baked good. Here it is – Caramel, Cashew, and White Chocolate Blondies. Yes. Yes. Yes.
Soft and chewy brown sugar blondies are filled with pieces of chewy caramel candies, salted cashews, and decadent white chocolate chips. The bars are baked until light golden brown, then cut into squares. The salty cashews balance out the sweetness and add the perfect crunch. The caramel candy pieces are gooey and buttery. And the white chocolate chips add little pieces of richness all throughout.
These bars are absolutely delicious as is (I promise!), but, but, if you decided to top them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drown them in warm salted caramel sauce, you would not be disappointed. See this stack of blondies above? My husband and I devoured that whole thing. All of it. Can you blame us?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Caramel Cashew White Chocolate Blondies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 soft caramel candies unwrapped and cut into eighths (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Ice cream for serving (optional)
- Salted caramel sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 square pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter and brown sugar until thoroughly combined. Add egg and vanilla extract, whisking to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, until combined. Fold in the caramel candies, cashews, and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until light golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. You want to remove them from the oven just short of being done. They'll continue to cook as they cool. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Make sure the caramel candies you use are fresh and soft.
It's important to use roasted, salted cashews, not raw cashews. The saltiness is needed to balance all the sweetness. You could also add a sprinkling of sea salt to the top of the blondies for extra saltiness.