Can you believe we’re into the last month of the year? What has your December looked like?
This is the time of year that I make batch after batch of my favorite Pecan Praline Bark. But today I’m switching things up with this super easy Christmas Bark.
Christmas Crack Recipe
You might know also know this as Christmas crack, or graham cracker toffee. It’s a layer of graham crackers topped with brown sugar toffee, melted chocolate, and any festive holiday toppings you choose (I used M&M’s and sprinkles). And because I absolutely love the combo of chocolate and peanut butter, I also added some peanut butter into this Christmas Bark.
This recipe makes a big batch of toffee that you can share with anyone and everyone. Package it up for gifts, stash some in your freezer for late night snacking, or set it out and watch it disappear.
- Graham crackers
- Peanut butter
- Holiday candies and sprinkles
This recipe is loved by everyone I know.
How can you go wrong with ↑ that ↑ combination of ingredients? You can’t. This stuff is nicknamed “crack” for a reason – it is addicting! One piece leads to another, and another, and another. Repeat after me: This is what New Year’s resolutions are for. 😉
This Christmas Bark looks festive, tastes festive, and kinda sorta makes me wish it was Christmas year round.
- 15 whole graham cracker sheets
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies
- 1 tablespoon red and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 13x18 rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray it with nonstick spray. Lay the graham cracker sheets in a single layer, side by side in the pan, breaking pieces as needed to fill the pan.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully pour over the graham crackers. Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the mixture over the graham crackers.
Place the pan in the oven for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the melted peanut butter on top. Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the peanut butter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and place back in the oven for 1 additional minute, to melt the chocolate. Remove from the oven and use an offset spatula to evenly spread the melted chocolate. Allow to cool just slightly, then sprinkle the top with M&M’S and sprinkles.
- Cool to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator to firm up completely. Once chilled, break the toffee into irregular pieces. Store in the refrigerator.