These delicious Cinnamon Sugar “Cookies” are crispy, sweet, and buttery. They come together quickly with only four ingredients.
Let me introduce you to an easy and addicting snack – Crispy Cinnamon Sugar Cookies! I use the term “cookies” loosely because these are basically a glorified version of cinnamon sugar toast. What turns them into cookies? Plenty of butter, a generous coating of cinnamon sugar, and baking them until they are crisp, caramelized, and melt in your mouth!
When it comes to cinnamon cookies I immediately think of Snickerdoodles. Although those are delicious, the nice thing about this recipe is that you can get similar flavors without having to make cookie dough. If you’re low on groceries, you can whip these up without flour, eggs, or leaveners. You don’t even need a mixer.
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- Sandwich bread
- Cut the crust off 6 slices of white sandwich bread. Slice the bread into triangles (I cut mine into fourths).
- Generously brush both sides of the bread with melted butter.
- Coat both sides of the bread generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the bread on a baking sheet in a 325°F oven for about 20-25 minutes, until caramelized and crisped.
- Immediately transfer the pieces to a cooling rack.
- This recipe is best with white sandwich bread. White bread allows the flavors of the butter and cinnamon sugar to shine without the actual flavor of the bread competing. If you only have wheat or multi-grain bread, you can still use it (I have done so successfully), but I find the outcome more decadent with white bread.
- Use bread that is not too soft/squishy. The bread needs to hold up to brushing both sides with butter and coating in cinnamon sugar. I use sandwich bread that is several days old.
- Don’t skimp on the butter and cinnamon sugar; you should use all of it.
- If you want these extra crispy you can flatten each piece of bread making each piece even thinner.
One of the great things about these cookies is that they keep well for several days. After cooling completely, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Crispy Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- 6 slices white sandwich bread (not too soft), crusts removed
- ½ cup butter*, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F, with a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Cut each piece of bread diagonally into quarters**. Brush the melted butter generously onto both sides of each triangle of bread. Dip both sides of the bread into the cinnamon sugar mixture (be generous) and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with all of the bread, you should use all of the melted butter and cinnamon sugar. If you have a little bit leftover you can add another piece of bread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bread is lightly browned and toasted. I rotate the baking sheet halfway through bake time just to be sure all pieces bake evenly. Immediately transfer the toasts onto a cooling rack to allow them to cool and crisp up.