Mini Fruit Tart Recipe – A puff pastry tart shell filled with a no-bake lemon cream cheese filling and topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
This recipe was created as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and ConAgra Brands. All opinions are my own.
I’m bringing you your own little handheld piece of Spring. Fresh and colorful Mini Cream Cheese Fruit Tarts! This recipe joins some of my other favorits: Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts, Lemon Tart, and Berry Tart. I just can’t get enough!
By the time Spring arrives I am craving fresh flavors. A combination of fresh fruit and lemon makes this dessert perfect for the upcoming season. These Mini Cream Cheese Fruit Tarts would be a welcome addition to any spring or summer occasion.
Fruit Tart Recipe
- Puff pastry tart shells
- No-bake lemon crem cheese filling
- Fresh fruit (use your favorite!)
- Swirl of Reddi-wip
These Mini Fruit Tarts are beautiful and delicious. Plus, who doesn’t love having their own mini dessert? It’s so fun!
Feel free to change around the fruit to suit your tastes. Any type of berry would be delicious, as would kiwi, cherries, or stone fruits. Also, if you’re not a fan of lemon, just leave it out, and add a splash of vanilla extract in its place. Play around with the filling to suit your taste. Just don’t forget the Reddi-wip; that creamy swirl is the perfect finishing touch!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Mini Cream Cheese Fruit Tarts
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or coarse sparkling sugar
Lemon Cream Cheese Filling:
- ½ cup chilled heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups chopped fruit, I used berries, mandarins and grapes
- Reddi-wip®, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silcone baking mats.
- Remove puff pastry from the freezer and thaw at room temperature until chilled but no longer frozen, about 10-15 minutes. Unfold the puff pastry and cut into 9 squares (or cut into larger or smaller squares, if desired). Transfer each square of puff pastry to the prepared baking sheet, leaving a couple inches of space between each one. Using the tip of a sharp knife, score a half-inch border around the pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through. This outer edge will puff up and hold in your filling and toppings once the tart is assembled. Brush the border with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and puffed. I rotate the baking sheets halfway through the baking time to ensure even browning. Set aside to cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form, set aside.In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth and combined. Fold the whipped cream into the lemon mixture until combined. Be careful not to over mix it, as you want the filling to maintain a light texture.
- Gently press the center of each tart shell to flatten, being careful to leave the outer edge intact. Spoon the lemon mixture into the tart shells. Top with fresh fruit and a swirl of Reddi-wip®. Serve immediately or refrigerate and use within an hour or two.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.