The pie that peanut butter fans will go crazy for. Graham cracker crust, peanut butter filling, and freshly whipped cream. You won’t be able to stop eating this decadent and delicious No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie!
You should probably run to the grocery store right this very second. Once you see this Peanut Butter Pie there is no chance that you will able to concentrate on anything other than making and eating this beauty as soon as possible.
It is no secret that my family loves (and I mean LOVES) peanut butter desserts. Peanut Butter Brownies and Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes are two of our all-time faves. Every summer I make my husband a peanut butter birthday dessert, every winter I make myself a peanut butter birthday dessert, and every week in between I’m dreaming up a reason why I should be making something sweet and peanut buttery.
This Peanut Butter Pie is perfect for anyone who loves peanut butter. My family devoured this pie in record time, and I am eagerly waiting for my next chance to make it. Who’s coming over? I’m happy to share… I’ll start whipping it up right away.
Peanut Butter Pie
- Graham Cracker Crust: Graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, and pinch of salt make up this sweet cookie crust. You have two options here: you can tightly pack the crust into your pie plate and refrigerate it, or you can bake it for a little bit (see more on this below).
- Peanut Butter Filling: Peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream make this filling smooth, sweet and luxurious. Bonus: You don’t bake it, and it comes together in minutes.
- Whipped cream: We top our peanut butter filling with a generous mound of fluffy freshly whipped cream.
- Garnishes: Here’s where you get to have fun with this recipe. You can garnish this pie with whatever sounds good to you. Here are some suggestions: salted peanuts, peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, chocolate curls, graham cracker crumbs, melted peanut butter, fudge sauce. Add one, some, or all.
- No Bake: I consider this a no bake recipe because the whole thing can be prepared without baking. That being said, I do prefer baking the graham cracker crust for 8-10 minutes because the finished pie slices a little more neatly when the crust has been baked. Prefer not to turn on your oven? Simply chill the crust before filling or take an even easier route and use a store bought graham cracker crust.
I couldn’t call us friends if I didn’t leave you with this one special tip: You have to lick the beaters. We call this “quality control” around these parts. The baker (no-baker?) gets to sample every step of this recipe. Why, you ask? Because it is too good not to. That creamy peanut butter filling is to die for. Also, I made sure to prepare enough filling that the pie won’t be lacking if you consume a few spoonfuls of filling and whipped cream during assembly. This girl has priorities, and dessert sampling is one of them.
I hope your friends and family enjoy this pie as much as mine did.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
This post originally appeared on Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1 ⅓ cups powdered sugar divided
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter at room temperature
- Salted peanuts, graham cracker crumbs, hot fudge sauce, melted peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F (see notes for no-bake option). Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt. Add melted butter and stir until well combined. Dump the crumbs into a 9 or 9 ½ inch pie plate. Firmly press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to pack it in.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant. Cool to room temperature.
Using a hand mixer, or stand mixer, whip the heavy cream, ⅔ cup powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Transfer to the refrigerator.
In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and remaining ⅔ cup powdered sugar until smooth and combined. Add a little more than half (eyeball it) of the chilled whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture. Beat briefly, until just combined. Place the remaining whipped cream back in the fridge, as this will be for topping the pie. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the crust and smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until firm.
- To serve: Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with peanuts and graham cracker crumbs. Serve with hot fudge sauce and melted peanut butter, for drizzling.
Notes: To make this pie no-bake, you can skip baking the crust. After pressing the crumbs into the pie plate, refrigerate the crust (without the filling) for at least 3 hours. You can also use a store bought graham cracker crust, if preferred.
I prefer baking the crust as it makes for cleaner slices.