Thick and chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars sweetened with maple syrup and topped with creamy maple peanut butter frosting.
This here is the 13th peanut butter recipe I’ve shared. We’ll call it lucky number 13, because friends, these Maple Peanut Butter Bars are hands down one of the best peanut butter treats I’ve ever had. The combination of peanut butter and maple syrup is pure perfection.
I wish I was brilliant enough to have come up with this scrumptious combination, but I actually took inspiration from Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Maple Peanut Butter. Yes – maple peanut butter! Have you tried it?
Peanut Butter & Co. was kind enough to send me a few jars of their peanut butter. I’ve had a blast using them in recipes, and eating them straight from the jar (I’m looking at you, Dark Chocolate Dreams). I used their Mighty Maple Peanut Butter in the base of these bars as well as in the peanut butter frosting.
These bars are thick, chewy, and absolutely loaded with peanut butter flavor. I wanted to compliment the maple flavor that’s in the peanut butter, so I added pure maple syrup to the bars and just a touch of maple extract to the frosting. And to top it all off? A generous sprinkling of roasted salted peanuts! Chewy bars, thick creamy frosting, and crunchy peanuts – flavor and texture paradise! You’ll love ’em!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Maple Peanut Butter Bars
- 2/3 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Maple Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Maple Peanut Butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract optional
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9 square baking dish. If desired, you can line the pan with foil for easy removal. If using foil, grease the foil.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and maple syrup for several minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat to combine, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and beat until combined. Dump the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center no longer jiggles. Be careful not to over bake. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat to combine. Add maple extract and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. Spread frosting over the top of the cooled bars and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.