Pumpkin Pie Bars – A brown sugar oat crust, creamy pumpkin pie filling and a pecan praline topping make these the tastiest version of pumpkin pie ever! These Pumpkin Pie Bars are sure to be a hit this holiday season!
Pumpkin pie… Yes or no?
For me, it’s a “meh.” Maybe two obligatory bites on Thanksgiving because the voice in my head is screaming “It’s Thanksgiving! You HAVE to eat pumpkin pie!!”
The truth is, I’ve never loved pumpkin pie. And I want to love dessert. I want to enjoy every
calorie bite and I want to finish it feeling happy and satisfied.
Sooooo, I did what any food blogger/obsessive cook/recipe tweaker does and I made a pumpkin pie worth getting excited over!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
Is this a traditional pumpkin pie? Nope, definitely not. But there’s plenty to love about these Pumpkin Pie Bars…
- No pie crust to roll out – woohoo! The crust is a brown sugar oat crust that gets pressed into the bottom of a baking dish.
- The pumpkin filling is sweet and creamy and generously spiced.
- PECAN PRALINE TOPPING! Each slice of pie gets topped with a sauce of crunchy toasted pecans in a caramel-y brown sugar syrup. Note: I will never eat pumpkin pie without this topping ever again. It. Is. Amazing.
- Bars are less fussy than pie. They are easier to serve, they don’t require a special occasion, and they travel well.
Have I convinced you yet? 😉 I hope you give this recipe a try.
Can’t get enough pumpkin? Here are some other pumpkin related goodies…
- I can’t wait to try these Pumpkin Spiced Candied Nuts. Yum!
- Prefer a traditional pumpkin pie? This is Sugar & Spice Pumpkin Pie is my favorite.
- Three words → Pumpkin Carrot Cake.
- We’ve been enjoying Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cookies from Erin Baker’s (and Gingerbread too).
- Pumpkin Cream Pie Trifles. These are amazing!
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal – A great way to start the day.
- A savory option – Pumpkin Black Bean Soup.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Praline Topping
These Pumpkin Pie Bars are sure to be a hit this holiday season! A brown sugar oat crust, creamy pumpkin pie filling and a pecan praline topping make these the tastiest version of pumpkin pie ever!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- One 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- One 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixer bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Add butter and beat on low for about 1 minute, until crumbly. Evenly press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9x9 baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the filling: In a large mixer bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs and pie spice. Beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Pour over the crust and return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes, until the center no longer jiggles and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes, whisking frequently. Keep it on the heat and add the half and half, whisking constantly. Continue whisking and simmer for one additional minute. Off the heat, fold in the chopped pecans. Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature. It will thicken up a bit and become the perfect consistency for pouring over the pie.