Pumpkin pie and cheesecake combine in this easy Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie. A graham cracker crust filled with a no-bake pumpkin cream cheese filling and topped with freshly whipped cream. VIDEO BELOW.
CREAM CHEESE PUMPKIN PIE! WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST! AND FRESHLY WHIPPED CREAM! Why am I yelling? Because it’s pie season, people!
Once the end of October is in sight, my mind shifts to pie mode. Thanksgiving is on the horizon, and Thanksgiving is the pie holiday. My Thanksgiving priorities are as follows: Cheese Board, Sweet Potato Casserole, Pecan Bars, and pie. I need nothing else. Well, maybe wine. Yes, definitely wine.
So, what kinds of pies will be gracing our table this holiday? I can tell you one for sure – CREAM CHEESE PUMPKIN PIE! It’s a cheesecake-pumpkin pie hybrid. Bonus: The filling is no-bake. Because we have enough stuff to bake this season. Am I right?
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
- Graham Cracker Crust – One billion times easier than making a traditional pie crust and way more tasty, too. The perfect complement to the cream cheese filling.
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie Filling – Cream cheese, pumpkin puree, whipped cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Creamy, sweet and tangy with a punch of fall flavor from the warm spices. Pour this filling into the crust, smooth it out, and refrigerate it until set.
- Whipped Cream – Heavy cream and powdered sugar get whipped into a fluffy sweet cloud that gets spread all over the top of our pumpkin cream cheese filling.
Toppings for Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
Let’s talk about garnishing our pie. You can leave it as-is with fluffy swirls of whipped cream, or if you’d like to make it a little prettier you can top it with one/some of the following:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Ginger snap crumbs
- Candied pecans
- Toffee bits
- Salted caramel
- Butterscotch sauce
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, salt, and brown sugar. Mix it until all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of pie plate. Use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to pack it in firmly.
- Bake the crust in a 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Let the crust cool completely before filling it.
Whether you’re here for the cream cheese, the pumpkin, or the graham cracker crust, you have found your fall pie. A fun and easy twist on a classic Pumpkin Cheesecake. Excuse me while I face plant into that beautiful slice.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 ⅓ cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- crushed ginger snaps or graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar*
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt. Add melted butter and stir until well combined. Dump the crumbs into a 9 or 9 ½ inch pie plate. Firmly press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to pack it in.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant. Cool to room temperature.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the heavy cream and ¼ cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer bowl to the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and pie spice until smooth and combined. Add half (eyeball it) of the chilled whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture. Beat briefly, until just combined.
- Place the remaining whipped cream back in the fridge - this will be for topping the pie. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the crust and smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until firm.
- To serve: Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream. Note: the whipped cream might need to be whipped a little more if it has lost volume. Sprinkle with crushed ginger snaps or graham cracker crumbs (or any other topping desired) and serve.