Bite sized pieces of brownies layered with peanut butter whipped cream, chocolate peanut butter ganache, and a sprinkling of salted peanuts. Use your favorite brownie recipe (boxed, store bought, or homemade) for these decadent trifles.
Let’s eat Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Trifles and pretend like bathing suit season isn’t just around the corner. OK?
Although I should be sharing recipes for popsicles, or frozen yogurt, or something warm weather friendly, here I am, telling you to layer brownies with peanut butter whipped cream and chocolate ganache. #sorrynotsorry
I needed a special sweet last week for my husband, Jason. He’s a CPA, and he’s spent the last few months working constantly. To celebrate the end of “tax season” (and the fact that I get my husband back!), I always make him a special dessert.
He would have loved for me to make these, but that wasn’t happening (sorry, honey). Instead, I took one of his favorite combos, chocolate + peanut butter, and I made brownie trifles.
Layers of bite-sized chewy brownies, peanut butter whipped cream, and a smooth chocolate peanut butter ganache. The whole thing is topped with salted peanuts, which add the perfect salty/crunchy component.
I made these into individual trifles, but you could totally layer everything in a big bowl or trifle dish. You could even layer it in shot glasses for a two or three bite dessert. This is a rich trifle; a little goes a long way. Just keep that in mind when portioning these into individual dishes.
Also, the person in charge of assembling the trifles has my permission to consume as many brownie cubes dipped in whipped cream and ganache as they want. We’ll call it “quality control.” No one needs to know. 😉
- One 8x8 or 9x9 pan of brownies, baked and cooled and cut into bite sized pieces
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups cold heavy cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Place the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Pour the cream into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat (do not boil). As soon as it starts to simmer, remove from the heat and pour the cream over the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Allow to sit untouched for 2-3 minutes. Whisk the mixture until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Beat the cream, powdered sugar, and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until soft peaks form.
- In individual glasses or a trifle dish, layer the brownies, ganache, and whipped cream, repeating the layers and finishing with a sprinkling of peanuts. You can layer them in any order you choose - I did ganache, brownies, whipped cream, ganache, brownies, whipped cream, ganache, peanuts.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately. The ganache will firm up slightly if refrigerated.
More brownie recipes: