You’ll love sipping on this beautiful and refreshing Italian cocktail. Prosecco, Aperol and my secret ingredient make this the tastiest Aperol Spritz EVER!
Summer Fridays call for cocktails, and here it is – Aperol Spritz!
Our weekend will be spent in the backyard, because… drumroll please… our new pool is done! So, in between swimming and yelling at my kids to stop splashing me (← truth), I’ll be sipping on these perfect cocktails.
An Aperol Spritz is a light and refreshing Italian cocktail with the perfect balance of sweet and bitter (think orange peel and rhubarb).
All you need is a handful of ingredients, and you can throw these together in no time. Here’s how to make them.
Aperol Spritz Recipe
- Chilled Prosecco
- Club Soda or Blood Orange Soda (more on this below)
- Sliced orange, for garnish
You can play around with these ingredients to make your perfect Aperol Spritz.
How to make an Aperol Spritz:
Fill a glass with ice. Add prosecco, aperol and soda. Stir gently to combine and garnish with a slice of orange.
My favorite ratio is:
3 parts Prosecco: 2 parts aperol: 2 parts club soda/blood orange soda
For me, this ratio creates the most enjoyable and balanced flavor. On the Aperol website, they suggest going 50:50 Prosecco and Aperol with only a splash of club soda. Obviously, this creates a much stronger drink, and if that’s what you prefer, go for it!
If you are new to drinking Aperol, I will warn you that it can be a bit bitter. If you don’t love the bitterness, I suggest swapping the club soda for blood orange soda. It adds sweetness and the orange flavor pairs beautifully with the Aperol. This substitute is not traditional, but it is so darn good, no one will care! Note: I found Italian blood orange soda at Trader Joe’s.
What’s to love about an Aperol Spritz:
- The color! You can’t beat that beautiful orange color.
- Ice! I love cocktails that are served with lots of ice.
- They’re not too sweet. That touch of bitterness makes it feel like I’m actually drinking an adult beverage, not a soda.
- Bubbles! Between the prosecco and the club soda, this is a perfectly carbonated cocktail.
Now, I’m off to lounge by the pool and daydream that I’m sipping my Aperol Spritz on the picturesque Amalfi Coast. A girl can dream, right?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 3 parts Prosecco or sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 parts Aperol
- 2 parts Club Soda or Blood Orange Soda
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice. Add prosecco, aperol and soda. Stir gently to combine and garnish with a slice of orange.