This Cherry Daiquiri Recipe is fun and refreshing! Serve these Frozen Daiquiris as is or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a spiked float.
It’s July. We’re approaching a long weekend. Do you have a frozen cocktail in your hand? Is there a scoop of ice cream in that cocktail? No? Let’s change that.
These Frozen Cherry Daiquiris are a fun and tasty summer cocktail. They are cold, refreshing, and fruity. They are equally great on their own or with the addition of vanilla ice cream. Note: A spiked cherry slushie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is never a bad idea.
These frozen daiquiris get their flavor from frozen sweet cherries, cherry juice, and a splash of lime juice. They forgo the red dye and artificial cherry flavor that you might see in some “cherry flavored” drinks. We have real cherry flavor in ever delicious sip!
Rum adds the classic flavor to these daiquiris, and let me tell you, they are dangerously delicious!
Speaking of dyes and artificial flavors, these floats remind me of one one of my favorite childhood treats – a cherry Mr. Misty Float from Dairy Queen. Do you guys remember those?
Our annual family Labor Day trip to my aunt and uncle’s house in Arizona always included several trips to Dairy Queen. I consistently ordered a red cherry slushie made into a float with a swirl of vanilla soft serve. It was SO good! Icy, creamy, tangy and sweet, and (incidentally) loaded with lots of bright red food coloring. Ha!
These floats are a grown up version of that childhood favorite. They definitely go down easily.
Is it dessert? Is it a cocktail? I don’t know, just get one in your hand and let’s do summer right. Cheers!
Here are some last minute red, white, and blue recipes for the 4th of July. Have a lovely holiday weekend! I’ll see you back here soon.
Frozen Cherry Daiquiri Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups cherry juice, divided, not tart
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup white rum
- 2 cups frozen sweet cherries
- Sugar, to taste
- Ice, if desired
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
Cherry ice cubes (allow time to freeze):
- Pour one cup of cherry juice into an ice cube tray (approximately 12 ice cubes) and freeze until solid.
- Place 1/2 cup cherry juice, lime juice, rum, frozen cherries, and all of the cherry juice ice cubes into a blender. Blend until completely combined and slushy. If desired, add additional plain ice cubes to thicken it. You can also blend in a little granulated sugar if you'd like it sweeter. Serve immediately. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you'd like to make a float.