Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies – A soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie filled with hints of coffee and bits of buttery toffee.
You’re looking at my latest obsession. The tastiest twist on a chocolate chip cookie EVER.
Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
– Espresso Powder
– Chocolate Chips
A coffee lover’s dream!
This starts off as a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe – creaming butter and sugar, adding eggs and vanilla, etc. But the flavor punch comes from a little bit of espresso powder which adds a distinct coffee flavor to every single bite.
I’m teaming up with my friends at Bob’s Red Mill to bring you these delectable cookies and a look into a special care package that I’ve put together for my kids’ teachers. I wanted to show our teachers how much we appreciate them with something extra special. I put together a gift basket filled with school supplies, personal items, and homemade Coffee Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies.
What better way to show that you care than with homemade cookies?!
At Bob’s Red Mill, they believe baking for others is one of the surest signs to show how much you care. And I couldn’t agree more!
I encourage you to think about who you know that might deserve something special. It doesn’t have to be a gift basket; a plate of cookies is sure to brighten anyone’s day. Psychologists have found that baking for others makes the baker feel as good as the recipients.
It’s a win-win. Plus, the baker always gets to sample a warm cookie straight from the oven (that’s my rule). That ↓ gooey, melty cookie is all mine!
Note: I used Bob’s Red Mill organic all-purpose flour for these cookies, but you could also use Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour. Click HERE for a Bob’s Red Mill Coupon.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Coffee Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract optional
- 3/4 cup toffee bits divided
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips divided
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and espresso powder.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and both sugars for a couple minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add egg and extracts and beat to combine (scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary). Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup toffee bits and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (reserving the remaining amounts for topping the cookies). Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Scoop the dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon portions and place a couple inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press several of the remaining chocolate chips onto the top of each dough mound (this will allow some of the chocolate chips to be visible). Bake for 9-11 minutes, the edges should be completely set and the center should be slightly underdone. Place the baking sheets on cooling racks and immediately sprinkle the top of the cookies with some of the remaining toffee bits (they will melt slightly and stick as the cookies cool).
Recipe inspired by: Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.