This creamy Iced Matcha Latte is lightly sweetened and flavored with a touch of vanilla. This homemade latte is just as delicious as the version from a coffee shop. You only need four basic ingredients and it’s ready in minutes!
This is my favorite way to enjoy matcha. Not only is this latte delicious but it is so good for you. Matcha green tea is energizing, anti-inflammatory, and high in antioxidants. Let’s make an Iced Matcha Latte!
- Milk (plant based or dairy milk): This is the base of the latte. My favorite milk for this recipe is unsweetened vanilla almond milk. But you can make it with oat milk, coconut milk, rice milk, regular milk, and more. If you choose a sweetened milk you might want to reduce or omit the added sugar (honey/maple syrup).
- Matcha: Choose your favorite brand of matcha green tea powder. Make sure you check the ingredients, as some can included hidden sugars. Matcha Love is my favorite brand.
- Honey or Maple Syrup: Choose the sweetener of your choice to sweeten this latte. Use as much or as little as you’d like. Start with a small amount, taste it, and adjust until you get it as sweet as you’d like it.
- Vanilla Extract: This special ingredient is what sets this recipe apart from others. Just a drop or two adds a well-rounded vanilla flavor to the latte.
- My #1 tip for preparing matcha is to ensure the matcha powder is completely dissolved in the beverage. I use a blender to mix up this latte which ensures it always has a smooth consistency with no lumps.
- Since this recipe does require a blender, I often double or triple it and store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. All you have to do is give it a quick shake and pour it over ice when you’re ready. No need to wash the blender every single day.
- If you’d like to turn this latte into a smoothie, add ½ a frozen banana, a handful of ice and 1-2 scoops of protein powder before blending. You can even sneak in a handful of spinach, too.
Serving and storage
Serve this iced latte in a large glass filled with ice. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- 12 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or another milk of your choice
- 1 ½ teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2-3 teaspoons honey, pure maple syrup, or other sweetener
- splash pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium-high speed until the matcha powder is dissolved, about 30 seconds. Taste, and add more sweetener if desired. Pour over ice.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.