This creamy Iced Matcha Latte is lightly sweetened, with a subtle hint of vanilla. This healthy version has less sugar and calories than the typical coffee shop versions. A make-ahead option allows you to have this latte ready whenever you want it!
Matcha!!! We’re turning this superfood into a creamy Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte! This is my favorite way to drink matcha – it is so good! Bonus: it comes together in minutes, and it’s easily adaptable.
How to Make an Iced Matcha Latte:
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk: This is the base of the latte. This provides a subtle vanilla flavor, and it is low in calories. Feel free to swap this out for any milk of your choice. It’s delicious with coconut milk, too!
- Matcha: Choose your favorite brand of matcha green tea powder. Make sure you check the ingredients, some can included hidden sugars.
- Honey or Maple Syrup: Choose the sweetener of your choice to sweeten this latte. Use as much or as little as you’d like.
- Vanilla Extract: This special ingredient is what sets this recipe apart from others. Just a drop or two adds a sweet underying vanilla flavor to the latte.
Tips for Making a Matcha Latte:
- My #1 tip for preparing matcha is to ensure the matcha powder is completely dissolved in the beverage. I use a blender to mix up this latte which ensures it always has a smooth consistency with no lumps.
- Since this recipe does require a blender, I often double or triple it and store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. All you have to do is give it a quick shake and pour it over ice when you’re ready. No need to wash the blender every single day.
- If you’d like to turn this latte into a smoothie, add 1/2 a frozen banana, a handful of ice and 1-2 scoops of protein powder before blending. You can even sneak in a handful of spinach, too.
I love having one of these lattes before a workout. It energizes without a jittery over-caffeinated feeling. Not only is this latte delicious but it is so good for you. Matcha green tea is energizing, anti-inflammatory, and high in antioxidants. Get sipping!
You might also like:
Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- 12 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or another milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons honey, pure maple syrup or other sweetener, (or more to taste)
- splash pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium-high speed until the matcha powder is dissolved, about 30 seconds. Taste, and add more sweetener if desired. Pour over ice.