A creamy and supremely cheesy Queso Dip made with real cheddar cheese.
Fellow cheese lovers, gather ’round. I’m bringing you the creamiest, cheesiest, party food/game day food/snack food ever. AND, just in case you don’t think tortilla chips dipped in melted cheese is meal worthy, I’m also bringing you a recipe for Queso Dip Macaroni and Cheese. We’re turning dip into dinner. Let’s do this.
As I’ve mentioned before, my favorite part of game day is the food. I love having any reason to enjoy copious amounts of chips and dip. And when that dip that just happens to be bubbly, warm, and cheesy? That is a dip after my own heart. Game day eating just got amazing.
Queso made with REAL Cheese
I’m so excited about this queso because it is made with real cheese and free from the preservatives and questionable ingredients that you see in most cheese sauces. This is a super creamy cheese sauce with loads of cheddar and a touch of cream cheese.
You can serve this queso alongside a big bowl of tortilla chips for dipping, or you can take the queso and stir it into elbow macaroni for a bold homemade macaroni and cheese. There’s bound to be a version that your game day crowd will love. Whether you make this as a snack or a meal the flavor will not disappoint.
Gather your people, turn on the big game, and dive into some queso.
Real Cheese Queso Dip
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk, plus more if needed, slightly warm
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Pace® Picante
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Optional garnishes: avocado, cilantro, sour cream, jalapenos, chopped tomatoes
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Slowly add the milk, whisking as you pour. Whisk until the mixture starts to simmer and thicken (several minutes). Reduce heat to low and add 1/2 cup cheese at a time, stirring until each 1/2 cup is melted before adding the next. Continue until all cheese is added. Stir in Pace Picante and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately (see note) with tortilla chips for dipping.