Strawberry Buttercream – An easy and beautiful pink frosting filled with fresh strawberries. Perfect on cake, cupcakes, brownies and more!
Oh, hi! It’s just me, bringing you a bowl overflowing with swirly pink frosting. Wouldn’t you love to drag a spoon right through that deliciousness up there? Strawberry Buttercream frosting is what spring and summer dreams are made of. Let’s put it on anything and everything. K?
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
This Strawberry Buttercream became a regular in our dessert rotation once our daughter decided at the ripe age of 2 that she was obsessed with all things PINK! Since she has a summer birthday I have made it a tradition of always serving Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting at her birthday celebrations.
This is the perfect way to make a pretty pink frosting without any food coloring. Yep, you read that right – no food coloring. Real strawberries bring the beautiful pink color to our frosting. And every bite is bursting with the flavor of sweet fresh strawberries.
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Strawberry Puree
- Strawberry Jam
- Vanilla extract
Now to the big question… What should we put this Strawberry Buttercream Frosting on?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened, 12 tablespoons
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted if lumpy, plus more if needed
- 3 tablespoons fresh strawberry puree see note
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 generous tablespoon strawberry jam
- With a hand mixer, or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter for 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl and the beater as necessary. Add the powdered sugar, 1/2 a cup at a time, beating until combined.
- Add puree, vanilla extract and jam, and beat on medium speed until fully combined, being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl and beater as needed. If necessary, adjust the consistency by adding more powdered sugar to thicken, or more strawberry puree to thin it out. Place in a piping bag, or use an offset spatula to frost cake or cupcakes.
To make fresh strawberry puree: Place about 5 chopped strawberries in a food processor (preferably a mini food processor) and blend until pureed.