Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie – An easy deep dish chocolate skillet cookie loaded with semisweet and white chocolate chips. Crisp edges, a gooey, fudgy center, and chocolate in every single bite!
It’s a good thing my New Year’s resolution was to eat more chocolate.
Kidding, of course. I’ve spent the better part of January eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, and exercising frequently (blah)… but the time has come to indulge. Balance and moderation in all things.
Last year I shared my first skillet cookie, a candy bar stuffed cookie (yes, it’s as amazing as it sounds). I love the idea of a giant skillet cookie with crisp edges and a gooey center. Eaten while it’s still warm and covered with scoops of vanilla ice cream that slooooowly melt into the cookie, it’s pure bliss! If you’d prefer this recipe in cookie form (rather than in a skillet), try these: CHOCOLATE COOKIES!
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
For this version I went all in with chocolate. This is a relentlessly chocolaty cookie; a chocolate cookie base loaded with both semisweet and white chocolate chips. Hence the name Triple Chocolate Skillet Cookie.
The dough comes together in minutes, which means this recipe can be made at the drop of a hat. That’s a dangerously good (er, bad) thing.
Although this might slightly resemble a brownie, it is definitely closer in flavor and texture to a cookie. The edges have a slight crispness and the center is fudgy from all those melted chocolate chips. This is a chocolate lover’s paradise.
I highly recommend eating this cookie straight from the skillet. It adds to the whimsical fun of eating a ginormous, warm, freshly baked cookie. If you prefer to cut and serve it, you can do that too. You’ll just have to test your willpower because it will need to cool in order to get clean slices. Note: My family was unable to exhibit such willpower. 😉
Check out these other chocolate recipes from my friends.
Bourbon Fudge from Bread Booze Bacon
Easy Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes from White Lights on Wednesday
Chocolate Kiss Cookies from I Heart Eating
Espresso Chocolate Cake from Kleinworth & Co.
Whole 30 Mole Chicken from Cooking with Curls
Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake from Home.Made.Interest.
Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Hearts from The Creative Bite
Homemade Chocolate Sauce from The Two Bite Club
Chocolate Lava Cake for Two from Liz on Call
Chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies from It Bakes Me Happy
Triple Chocolate Skillet Cookie
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup good quality white chocolate chips
- ice cream or whipped cream optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined. By hand, stir in all but 1 tablespoon semisweet and white chocolate chips (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish).
- Transfer batter to a greased 10-inch ovenproof skillet (I used cast iron). Smooth the top. Bake until just set in center and pulling away from sides, 20 to 22 minutes (the center should look slightly under baked). Immediately after removing from the oven, press the remaining 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips gently into the cookie (just to make it look pretty). Serve warm right from the skillet, or allow to cool to cut cleaner slices.