Brownies decorated like a football using chocolate and vanilla frosting. Use your favorite brownie recipe as the base. No cookie cutter needed!
It’s here! College football has begun, and the NFL season kicks off tomorrow! Are you planning to watch your favorite team with friends? Go tailgating? Relax at home? I thought you might want to sweeten up your football season with brownies. And not just any brownies, Frosted Football Brownies! Aren’t they adorable?!
Simply bake your favorite batch of brownies, homemade or store bought. Then cut them into squares, and cut two corners off the squares to make a hexagon (no cookie cutter needed). Frost the brownies with swirls of chocolate frosting, then pipe on vanilla frosting for laces.
I love desserts like this. Fun, festive, and delicious! Bring these brownies along with you to your favorite games this football season, and you’re sure be a hit. Go Giants!
- 8x8 or 9x9 pan of brownies (homemade or boxed), baked and cooled
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus more if needed
- 3-4 tablespoons milk, divided
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted if lumpy
- With a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar. Once all powdered sugar has been added, beat in 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Remove a generous ¼ cup of frosting (to be used for the laces).
- To the remaining frosting, add cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon milk. Beat on medium speed for about a minute. Add more milk if needed. The frosting should be smooth and able to hold its shape.
- Place chocolate frosting in a piping bag fitted with a small star attachment. Place white frosting in a separate piping bag with the end snipped just enough to create your desired thickness of laces.
- Cut the brownies into squares, and then cut off a little bit from two opposite corners to form a hexagon (or you can leave the brownies in a square).
- Pipe the chocolate frosting in a zig-zag pattern to form a diamond shape. Pipe white laces onto the chocolate frosting.