This Artichoke Dip was created as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #Chardonnation #NotableHoliday #CollectiveBias
Creamy warm Artichoke Dip filled with three cheeses. An easy crowd-pleasing appetizer.
It’s the holiday season, and what happens during the holidays? Entertaining!
You know I love this time of year because it’s baking season, but I also love this time of year because it’s about my second (and third) favorite things: eating and drinking.
So, what do I have for you on this crisp autumn day? A bubbly and cheesy artichoke dip accompanied by a glass of buttery Chardonnay. Who’s coming over?
During the holiday season I love having small get togethers with friends and family. Nothing too fancy or over the top, just small bites, free-flowing wine, and plenty of laughter and conversation.
When coming up with a holiday menu I like to make recipes that are simple, low stress and crowd-pleasing. This artichoke dip fits the bill perfectly. And because it’s not a party until the wine is uncorked, I have Notable Wines to enjoy along with this dip.
Notable Wines have taken the guesswork out of pairing wine and food. Notable is the 1st wine that highlights the flavor profiles on the front of the bottle, helping make the wine aisle a less confusing place. Each wine showcases its taste prominently on the front label; all you have to do is follow the flavor note.
Notable offers two varieties of Chardonnay: “Oaky and Buttery” or “Fruity and Crisp”. Both varieties go great with this Artichoke Dip. Have your guests do blind taste tests to see which they prefer. You can even pair this wine with something sweet. Maybe my chocolaty S’mores Dip?
Now that we have our wine chosen, let’s talk Artichoke Dip. This dip is for people who love artichokes (like me!). I’m often underwhelmed by artichoke dips because they tend to be more about heavy cream than actual artichokes, but this dip ‘brings it’ in the artichoke department. The base of the dip is cream cheese, mayo and monterey jack cheese. The dip is seasoned with garlic and dried dill (my secret ingredient), and it’s filled with plenty of chopped artichokes.
You can serve this dip with sliced baguette, tortilla chips, pita chips or fresh vegetables. Choose your favorite dippers, grab a glass of wine, and let’s celebrate the season. Cheers!
- 8 oz cream cheese (see note), softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 ½ cups grated monterey jack cheese, divided
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Tortilla chips, baguette, pita chips, veggies, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, mayo/sour cream, 1 cup monterey jack, artichokes, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup monterey jack and parmesan over the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and heated through. Serve immediately with chips, bread or veggies.