A simple recipe for warm and cheesy Pizza Dip filled with your favorite toppings and served with garlic bread for dipping. Perfect for game day!
This recipe was created as part of a shop that was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
Are you ready to make lots of friends? I have the perfect recipe to make you the star of your next game day party! Once your family and friends try this pizza dip, they will beg you to make it again and again. Bubbly, cheesy, pizza-flavored deliciousness heading your way!
We’ve been enjoying football playoffs, and of course, we’re looking forward to the big game. No game day is complete without tasty food, right? For some people (ahem) the food is as important as the game. This recipe combines two game day favorites, dip and pizza, into one warm and cheesy, unbelievably delicious dish! This dip is filled with all the flavors of pizza and it’s served with garlic bread toasts for dipping.
The bottom layer is seasoned cream cheese, which is topped with Hunt’s tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, plenty of shredded cheese, and all your favorite toppings (I used bell peppers, mushrooms, and pepperoni).
This recipe can be adapted to whatever your favorite pizza flavor is! If you’re serving vegetarians you can double the veggies and skip the meat. If you’re serving kids you can make just cheese and pepperoni. If you’re feeding a group of meat-loving carnivores, skip the veggies and add more meat! Serving gluten free guests? Swap the garlic bread dippers for tortilla chips, gluten free crackers, or raw veggies – this dip is good on just about everything.
Game day entertaining should be fun and stress free. We’re going to take some help from Walmart with canned goods (Hunt’s tomato sauce), fresh produce (veggie toppings), and freshly baked bread (garlic toast). And then we are going to get ahead of the game (pun intended) by preparing this dip in advance. You want to spend game day actually watching the game with your friends, right? Assemble this dip several hours ahead of time and stick it in the refrigerator. Simply remove it from the fridge and stick it in the oven before you’re ready to serve. Easy peasy! No one is stealing your spot on the couch!
You will love serving this dip on game day (or any day!). It is totally meal worthy too; add a salad alongside and you have a fun any-night-of-week meal. What are your favorite game day eats?
Pizza Dip with Garlic Bread Dippers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove small garlic finely grated (I used a microplane grater)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, Italian blend or pizza cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Toppings (feel free to use your favorites):
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 sliced mushrooms
- 8 slices pepperoni halved or quartered
Garlic Bread Dippers:
- 1 baguette sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely grated (I used a microplane grater)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 or 10 inch deep dish pie plate (or similar size casserole dish) and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, parsley, and finely grated garlic clove until smooth and combined. Add 1 cup shredded cheese and stir until combined. Spread into the bottom of the prepared pie dish. Pour the tomato sauce over the cream cheese mixture, then sprinkle with dried Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle half the remaining shredded cheese over the sauce, then top with half the toppings. Add the remaining shredded cheese, then add the remaining toppings. You can either bake it now (then serve immediately), or you can cover it and refrigerate it for up to 6 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and warm throughout. While it's cooking, prepare garlic bread.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and finely grated garlic clove. Place the baguette slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the top side with the garlic olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes, until toasted and golden brown. Do not flip them otherwise the garlic could burn. Serve the dip fresh from the oven with warm garlic bread.
Make ahead tip: Assemble the dip in advance (I've assembled it up to 6 hours ahead), refrigerate it, and then bake it right before serving.