This easy S’mores Dip is made right in your oven in under 10 minutes. Creamy melted chocolate topped with toasted marshmallows served with graham crackers, cookies, or fruit for dipping.
I love s’mores but I am not a fan of camping. This indoor s’mores dip is perfect because it gives all the flavors of s’mores minus the campfire. It’s made with only three ingredients and comes together in minutes.
Chocolate chips (we use semi-sweet)
Milk (dairy or plant based)
Marshmallows (preferably large marshmallows)
How to Make S’mores Dip
Melt chocolate chips with milk in your microwave. Pour into a small skillet and spread into an even layer.
Top with marshmallows, and stick it under the broiler for a few seconds.
That’s it! It’s ready in under 10 minutes. I calculated roughly 7 minutes from start to finish.
What to dip in s’mores dip
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can dip anything you want in it! You’re no longer limited to the traditional square graham cracker because we are dipping, not building a sandwich.
- Graham crackers
- Biscoff cookies
- Shortbread or sugar cookies
- Crispy chocolate chip cookies (like Tate’s)
- Strawberries or bananas
- Ritz crackers
Slowly melt the chocolate and milk in the microwave. Microwave it in 20 second increments stirring well between each. About 40-60 seconds is all you’ll need.
Half the marshmallows. This ensures a good chocolate to marshmallow ratio when dipping.
Use semisweet, milk, or dark chocolate – your choice!
When toasting the marshmallows under the broiler watch them the whole time. They will brown in seconds.
Don’t have a broiler? You can also toast the marshmallows with a kitchen torch. Use a back and forth movement with the torch and don’t hold it in one place too long.
More dip recipes
Easy Oven S’mores Dip
- 1 ¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- 15-20 marshmallows, halved
- Graham crackers, speculoos cookies, fruit, for dipping
- Preheat broiler and place a rack in the upper half of your oven (at least 5 inches from the broiler).
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and milk. Heat in 15 second intervals for a total of one minute, stirring well between each interval. If the chocolate is not melted, heat in 10-second intervals, stirring really well, until melted and smooth. The key is to heat the chocolate very slowly so that it does not overheat.
- Pour the melted chocolate into an oven safe skillet or casserole dish (I used an 8-inch cast iron skillet, about 3 ½ cups volume). Top the melted chocolate with halved marshmallows and place under the broiler. Broil until the marshmallows are toasted and golden brown. This will happen fast, so keep a close eye on it. Serve immediately with graham crackers, cookies and/or fruit.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.