If you’re looking for an easy and delicious strawberry dessert, this is it! This recipe requires very little hands on time and it’s packed with juicy fresh strawberries and topped with a sweet brown sugar crumble.
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. This no-fuss strawberry crisp joins our apple crisp as one of our favorite old fashioned desserts. This dish is always met with rave reviews!
This strawberry crisp is
Flavorful: Sweet strawberries, a buttery topping, and a touch of vanilla and fresh orange.
Easy: This recipe requires very little hands on time and no special equipment.
Packed with strawberries: Two pounds (about 5-6 cups) of fresh strawberries are used for this recipe.
Topped with an easy crumb topping: This is our go-to fruit crisp topping (see it here: peach crisp, blueberry crisp, apple pear crisp).
Made with basic ingredients: Aside from the fresh fruit, the remaining ingredients are pantry staples.
*Full recipe below in recipe card*
Crumb topping: combine oats, flour, sugars, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter. Place the topping in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
Filling: Combine strawberries, sugar, orange juice, vanilla, and flour. Add to a baking dish.
Assembly: Crumble the topping over the fruit. Pinch some of the topping pieces together to form clumps.
Bake: Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Use fresh strawberries rather than frozen. They will hold up much better after baking.
- Cut the strawberries into similar sized pieces. I halve or quarter the larger berries and leave the smaller berries whole.
- Adjust the sugar based on the sweetness of your strawberries. The fruit can be sweetened with anywhere from 2-4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Mix up the topping first and place it in the fridge. It will firm up a bit while you are preparing the filling. This makes it easier to crumble over the strawberries.
- After baking, allow the crisp to cool slightly. The juices will thicken as it cools.
Serving and storage
Serve warm or room temperature topped with vanilla ice cream.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. The topping will soften over time.
SUBSCRIBE to our free NEWSLETTER – LIKE us on FACEBOOK – Follow on INSTAGRAM
Easy Strawberry Crisp
- ⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 cups halved/quartered fresh strawberries, approximately 2 pounds
- 1-2 tablespoons orange juice*
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sugar*
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with a rack in the center of the oven. Grease a 9-inch deep dish pie plate or similar sized baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir until well combined. Place in the refrigerator for several minutes while you proceed with the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, orange juice, vanilla, sugar, and flour. Stir gently until well combined. Scoop or dump into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the topping over the strawberries, pressing some of it together with your fingers to form clumps.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling around the edges and the topping is light golden brown. Cool slightly, serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
Leave a Reply