This easy Peach Crisp will be one of your go-to summer desserts! Sweet and juicy peaches topped with a buttery brown sugar oat crumble.
How is your July going? Are you living your best summer life? And by that I mean, are you eating peaches like it’s your job? Gosh, they’re so, so good right now. This recipe is the perfect way to use up some of those beautiful summer peaches.
If you’ve been around here for a while you know that I love fruit crisps. The combination of warm fruit, crisp-buttery topping, and a scoop of slow-melting vanilla ice cream is heavenly.
How to Make a Peach Crisp:
This recipe is basically two steps: combine fruit filling ingredients and combine topping ingredients. You don’t need a mixer or any fancy equipment.
Peach filling: Toss sliced peaches with sugar (I use a combo of brown sugar and granulated sugar), flour (for thickening), orange juice, and a splash of vanilla extract. Place the peaches in a greased baking dish.
Crisp topping: Combine oats, flour, sugars, cinnamon, and melted butter (add nuts, too, if you want). Sprinkle over the top of the peaches and bake.
What is the difference between Peach Cobbler and Peach Crisp?
Both of these desserts are made with a base of baked sweetened peaches; what makes them different is the topping.
A crisp topping is typically made with a combination of oats and flour sweetened with sugar and held together with melted butter. The topping is more crisp, crunchy and buttery.
A peach cobbler topping is more biscuit-like. The dough gets pinched or cut into pieces and placed over the top of the fruit.
Now, go grab some peaches and whip up this fantastic summer dessert!
P.S. Leftover Peach Crisp (straight from the fridge) makes a delicious summer breakfast. See above about “living our best summer life.”
- 6 cups peeled, sliced ripe-firm peaches, about 7-8 peaches (see note)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- Vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°Grease a 2 - 2 ½ quart sized baking dish (I used an 8x11). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Stir gently until well combined. Dump into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugars, salt, and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir until well combined. Sprinkle the topping over the peaches (pressing some of it together with your fingers to form clumps).
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and juicy and the topping is light golden brown. Cool slightly, serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.