This easy Homemade Coffee Creamer is made with three ingredients and it comes together in minutes! A sweet and creamy addition to hot or iced coffee.
Yep, we’re making coffee creamer – and it couldn’t be easier! Three ingredients and one simple step and you’ll have a sweet and creamy addition to your cup of coffee.
You might also like: PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE CREAMER
How To Make Homemade Coffee Creamer
For this vanilla-flavored coffee creamer simply combine the following ingredients:
- One cup half-and-half
- Two tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Splash vanilla extract
Put the ingredients in a mason jar or large cup and give it a shake or stir. Taste it and adjust the ingredients to suit your taste. It should taste like melted vanilla ice cream (yum, right?). More syrup will make it sweeter and more half-and-half will make it less sweet.
Healthy Homemade Coffee Creamer
If you’ve ever looked at the ingredients list on a typical flavored coffee creamer it is scary. Oils, refined sugars, stabilizers, and all kinds of questionable ingredients. This creamer is made with real ingredients and it’s much more healthy than store bought creamers. You can add a generous splash to your coffee with zero guilt.
Flavor Variations and Ingredient Substitutions
- Feel free to play around with the flavorings. You can swap the vanilla extract for another extract of your choosing (maple and almond are both delicious). Start with a small amount of extract, taste it, and add more until you get the flavor you like. If you’d prefer to skip adding the flavoring you can just mix the half-and-half and syrup.
- The half-and-half can be swapped for any type of milk. I really like the richness of half-and-half, but if you’d like a lower fat/calorie alternative you can use milk or nut milk.
- You can swap the maple syrup for another liquid sweetener. If you’d prefer to use sugar, you will need to dissolve the sugar in an equal amount of boiling water (creating a simple syrup).
Homemade Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients, shaking or stirring until well combined (I use a mason jar). Taste and adjust ingredients, if necessary. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.