This refreshing margarita is flavored with lime juice, tequila, and fresh blackberry syrup. Whip up a pitcher and serve on the rocks in a sugar or salt rimmed glass. This drink is sure to be a favorite!
Have you made homemade margaritas before? Maybe our Frozen Margaritas or Strawberry Margaritas? They’re so simple, and you can make them exactly how you want them. Use the recipe as a guideline, taste as you go, and make your perfect Blackberry Margarita.
- Fresh blackberries
- Silver tequila
- Lime juice
- Orange liqueur
- Make the blackberry syrup. Combine blackberries, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes. Press through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the solids and chill the syrup.
- Combine blackberry syrup, tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur in an ice-filled pitcher.
Coat the rim of your glass with sugar or salt. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass and dip in a shallow plate of sugar and/or salt.
Add whole blackberries and sliced limes to the pitcher and to each glass when serving.
- Adjust ingredients to suit your taste.
- Keep your tequila in the freezer so the margaritas are cold.
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice. You’ll need around 12 limes. If you don’t have enough lime juice you can always sub some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Blackberry syrup (makes about one cup):
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 6 oz container fresh blackberries
- 1 cup silver tequila, more, if desired
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¾ cup blackberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- sugar/salt for the rim of each glass and additional blackberries and lime slices to garnish
- Combine blackberries, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes. Press through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the solids and chill the syrup.
- Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled pitcher. Taste and adjust the ingredient quantities as necessary.
- Run a lime wedge on the rim of each glass. Dip the rim of the glass in a shallow plate filled with granulated sugar or coarse salt. Add ice to the glass and pour in the margarita. Garnish with blackberries and slices of lime.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.