Spiked Hot Chocolate – Homemade hot chocolate flavored with vanilla and cinnamon and finished with a splash of Vanilla Cinnamon Bailey’s Irish Cream. Hello! Here we are, about to ring in the new year. How are you celebrating? My New Year’s Eve will undoubtedly be exciting – I’m envisioning my couch, a good Netflix rental (suggestions?) and a big mug of Spiked Vanilla Cinnamon Hot Chocolate. Maybe followed by a White Russian?
Spiked hot chocolate
This homemade hot chocolate is super easy, and you’ll love the addition of vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. I finish the hot chocolate with a big splash of Vanilla Cinnamon Bailey’s Irish Cream. If you’d like an alcohol free version, just omit the Bailey’s. My parents have bought this Vanilla Cinnamon Bailey’s for the last couple of years and my family loves it. It’s also fabulous in a cup of hot coffee. YUM!
Whether you’re ringing in the new year at home or with a big group of friends and family, this Spiked Hot Chocolate is sure to keep you warm and satisfied. It’s a cozy treat for a chilly winter night. Have a safe and happy start to 2016!!
Spiked Vanilla Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk, preferably whole milk or 2%
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Bailey's Vanilla Cinnamon Irish Cream, or more to taste
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, marshmallows, and/or chocolate sauce
- Place milk, cocoa powder, sugar, chocolate chips, and cinnamon in a saucepan set over medium heat. Whisk frequently until the cocoa powder and sugar have dissolved, the chocolate chips have melted, and the mixture is hot (do not boil). Add the Bailey's and vanilla extract and stir until heated through. Transfer to mugs and serve immediately. Top with whipped cream, marshmallows, or chocolate sauce, if desired.