Nutella Pancakes – Moist whole wheat banana pancakes drizzled with chocolate-hazelnut spread.
Let me to introduce you to my new favorite breakfast – Banana Nutella Pancakes. These are divine and easy and not completely bad for you. Yes, there is Nutella involved, but also, whole wheat flour and bananas … I mean, these pancakes are practically health food. 😉
These pancakes are the perfect blend of a little healthy and a little indulgent. The base of the recipe is whole wheat banana pancakes, which are great on their own, but even better when covered in Nutella. I like to slather Nutella on some of the pancakes and then messily drizzle more of it over the whole stack right before serving. I finish by throwing on sliced bananas and chopped hazelnuts. The bananas make these pancakes surprisingly light and moist.
I found these pancakes to be perfect as is. I did not add maple syrup or butter (see, I told you they were healthy ;). If you’re not a Nutella fan, the same method would be great with peanut butter, since peanut butter and banana are a winning combo as well. I’d suggest drizzling them with maple syrup though, since you won’t have the sweetness from the Nutella.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Whole Wheat Banana Nutella Pancakes
Moist whole wheat banana pancakes drizzled with chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- Nutella as much as you want
- Sliced banana for garnish
- Chopped toasted hazelnuts for garnish
- Whisk flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, egg, milk, oil, vanilla extract and mashed banana until combined.
- Mix the flour ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring or whisking until just combined.
- Using a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup, pour the batter onto a greased skillet or griddle set at medium-low heat. Cook on one side until bubbles evenly form, then flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- To serve, spread Nutella on the pancakes or drizzle it over the top (or do both!). Garnish with sliced bananas and chopped hazelnuts.