Easy No Bake Granola Bars flavored with peanut butter and sweetened with honey. Perfect after school snack for the kids or healthy snack for you!
It’s back to school time for us here in Arizona. Now that I have a Kindergartner (how/when did that happen? *sobs*), I am transitioning into my role as the mom of an elementary school aged child. That means packing lunch, preparing after school snacks, and making sure I send him off to school with a full belly.
I try to feed my kids a balanced, nutritious diet and I’m always looking for ways to satisfy their sweet tooth (OK, and mine too) with something that actually has some nutritional value. I’ve been relying on these No Bake Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bars lately for breakfast or afternoon snack. I’ll even drizzle a few with melted dark chocolate and pass them off as dessert.
This recipe is made up of rolled oats combined with peanut butter, honey, and a touch of salt – that’s it! There’s no need to bake them, press them into a pan and chill in the refrigerator until they firm up. I like to store these in the refrigerator, they hold together best if they are slightly chilled.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can make these as regular peanut butter and honey granola bars or you can switch things up with the mix-ins of your choice. You can add a handful of mini chocolate chips or raisins, a couple tablespoons of chia seeds, or you can drizzle them with melted chocolate.
These bars are really filling; a little goes a long way. They contain protein and fiber and the perfect touch of natural sweetness from honey. They can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free oats.
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe. Mix up a batch and stick ’em in your fridge. You’ll be surprised at how quickly they disappear!
- 2⅔ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- Generous ½ cup honey
- Generous pinch of salt
- Optional mix-ins: mini chocolate chips, raisins, chia seeds (see note)
- Place peanut butter and honey in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 10 second increments until the peanut butter and honey can be easily combined, but are not hot (this should happen quickly). Stir well. Add oats and salt and stir until well combined, use your hands if you have to.
- Dump into a greased 8x8 baking dish and pack and flatten into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Slice into bars or squares.
These bars hold their shape best if they stay chilled. I store them in the refrigerator.
This recipe originally appeared on Julie’s Eats and Treats where I am a regular contributor.