This Summer Corn, Tomato, and Tortellini Pasta Salad was created as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own. #ArtofEntertaining #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
A summery pasta salad filled with cheese tortellini, corn, tomatoes, zucchini, and basil topped with a fresh lemon vinaigrette. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Have you had the chance to travel this summer? Before we had kids, my husband and I used to take one big trip every year. It was at the start of each summer, and it always left us feeling invigorated and inspired. Once we were back home I tried to recreate those vacation memories the best way I knew how – with food. We’d reminisce about our time in Italy while eating homemade gelato, I’d throw together a Greek salad with a glass of white wine like we enjoyed in Athens. I’d make pickled onions for a Ploughman’s Platter similar to those in England, and I would try endlessly to recreate the perfect French macaron from Ladurée in Paris.
Now that we have young children and our travels keep us closer to home, we still enjoy reliving old memories with special meals. This pasta salad reminds me of a beautiful meal of pasta with lemon sauce that we enjoyed on the Amalfi Coast in Italy. I have never been able to recreate that dish exactly, but anytime I have pasta with lemon it brings back those fond memories.
This Tortellini Pasta Salad is filled with fresh corn, tomatoes, and zucchini, and it is tossed with a lemon vinaigrette. A bowl of this colorful salad alongside a glass of chilled Estancia Chardonnay has become our go-to meal this summer. We’ve packed up this salad with a bottle of wine for a picnic, we’ve enjoyed it in the backyard at sunset, and we’ve served it to guests during a last minute get-together.
When selecting wine I prefer California wines. I grew up in California and I’ve spent many vacations in California’s wine country. Lately we’ve been enjoying Monterey-based Estancia wines. The Estancia brand was built on the concept of over delivering on quality for the price. Their wine is affordable, which makes it a fantastic choice for entertaining.
Grab a few bottles of wine, throw together this flavorful salad, and call your friends. It’s time to make new summer memories!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 22 ounces cheese tortellini
- 2 cups cooked corn
- 1 cup halved/quartered grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 5 leaves fresh basil, torn or chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Once it has drained, drizzle a little olive oil or lemon vinaigrette over the pasta to keep it from sticking. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, combine tortellini, corn, tomatoes, zucchini, feta, basil, and dressing. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate.