Watermelon Lemonade Slushies – This simple two ingredient recipe combines frozen watermelon and lemonade for a delicious, refreshing frozen beverage! Alcohol can be added, if desired.
I hope you had an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend! I’m back with my month-end feature sharing what’s happened around my table this month. Here you’ll find links to recipes I’ve made (hint: 2-ingredient Watermelon Lemonade Slushies!), cool kitchen tools or tricks, or any food-related news you might enjoy.
Let’s get to it…
- Slowcooker Cheesesteak Pulled Chicken Sandwiches – They’re so good and so easy!
- This Ultimate Veggie Sandwich was my lunch yesterday. I could eat it everyday.
- I’ve been snacking on Apricot Goat Cheese Spread smeared on whole wheat crackers. Simply combine 4 oz softened goat cheese with 3 tablespoons apricot jam. Use it on sandwiches, crackers, toast, fruit, etc.
- We loved this Creamy Polenta topped with Mushroom Meat Sauce.
- Need to cut corn off the cob? Use your bundt pan – this brilliant tip makes it so easy!
- Last but not least – Watermelon Lemonade Slushies (pictured). All you need is two ingredients (see recipe below).
These Watermelon Lemonade Slushies are the perfect frozen beverage for summer. You can make them with just watermelon and lemonade, or you can add alcohol for a grown up version. Either way they are delicious. Just make sure you plan ahead – the watermelon cubes need to be frozen. Enjoy!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
*This post originally appeared June 2015
Watermelon Lemonade Slushies
- 4 cups cubed frozen watermelon
- 2 cups lemonade plus more if needed
- Ice if needed
Process frozen watermelon and lemonade in a blender until combined. Add ice if you'd like it thicker, or more lemonade if you'd like if thinner. Serve immediately.