This refreshing Pink Lemonade is naturally pink and perfect for sipping all summer long!
I’m currently earning points with my daughter because, PINK Lemonade! I mean, just look at the beautiful, natural color (no dye here). Can we please drink pink beverages forever?
We’re deep into a blistering triple-digit summer and I’ve been making cocktails and mocktails on repeat. Frosé and White Sangria for the adults and Agua Fresca and Pink Lemonade for the kids.
What makes lemonade pink?
Pink lemonade often gets its pink color from red dye, cranberry juice, grenadine, or strawberries. I wanted to skip the food coloring completely, so I opted to use fresh watermelon to give this lemonade its color.
I tested this recipe with strawberries and raspberries but I found that they imparted a strong berry flavor, and they made the lemonade more red than pink. Watermelon was subtle enough to let the lemonade flavor shine while lending a beautiful pink hue.
This easy lemonade recipe comes together in the blender in just a few minutes. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
- Adjust the recipe to suit your taste. You can easily add more sugar or lemon juice to make it more sweet or tart.
- Store in the refrigerator, and serve over ice.
- If you notice any separation after chilling, give the lemonade a stir right before serving.
- Add a splash of alcohol (vodka, gin, or white rum) for the grown ups.
You might also like:
Watermelon Lemonade Slushies – A delicious and refreshing frozen treat (only 2 ingredients).
Blueberry Lemonade – Sweet and tart lemonade bursting with fresh blueberries.
Frozen Margaritas – A classic frozen margarita made with lime juice and tequila.
- ½ cup diced watermelon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- Place the watermelon, sugar, lemon juice, and 1 cup of water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Place a fine mesh sieve over a pitcher and pour the mixture through the sieve. Add the remaining water to the pitcher and stir until combined. Chill and serve over ice.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
Leave a Reply