Blueberry Oatmeal Bread – Whole grain oatmeal quick bread filled with fresh blueberries. A wholesome breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Today I’m bringing you a big loaf of warm and slightly sweet Blueberry Oatmeal Bread. There’s no better way to kick off the new year than with a tasty loaf of homemade bread, right? After the New Year’s Eve champagne and fancy appetizers, let’s settle in with a cup of tea and a slice of blueberry bread. Sound like a plan?
I always try to bring you heathy-ish recipes at the start of a new year. I know many of us are trying to make better choices after all those holiday indulgences. I am not one that can give up carbs or sugar completely, so when I’m trying to eat better I often find ways to make baked goods and desserts more wholesome.
You might also like: Homemade Granola or Trail Mix Cookies.
This Blueberry Oatmeal Bread is filled with whole grains, fresh blueberries, applesauce, and heart-healthy coconut oil. It is lightly sweetened and brushed with honey to create a beautiful and tasty golden top.
I serve this bread for breakfast (toasted with a tiny smear of butter), I pack it in my son’s lunchbox, and I’ve found that it’s perfect for a mid-afternoon snack with a cup of tea of coffee.
Related recipes: LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS – BLUEBERRY PANCAKE CASSEROLE – STRAWBERRY MUFFINS – APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL – BLUEBERRY SCONES – BLUEBERRY BREAD
Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup milk, room temperature (I used 1 %)
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil, not hot
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan.In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, milk, applesauce, oil and eggs. Whisk until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine both flours, 1 cup oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick instered into the center comes out clean. While the bread is still warm, lightly brush the top of the loaf with honey and sprinkle with 1-2 teaspoons oats.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
Leave a Reply