Pimento Cheese Recipe – Smoky and slightly spicy Chipotle Pimento Cheese! Use it as a dip, spread, or topping. Perfect for game day!
This recipe was created as part of a shop that was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
It’s that time of year! Are your weekends planned around football? Whether you’re watching the game at home, tailgating, or meeting up with friends, I hope you’re finding time to watch your favorite teams play. Part of the fun of game day is enjoying delicious game day food.
I love to entertain at home on game days. There is no place I’d rather be than bouncing back and forth between the couch and my kitchen. When hosting friends or family on a game day, this fantastic twist on pimento cheese is always a crowd pleaser.
This Chipotle Pimento Cheese is the perfect balance of flavors. Ground chipotle peppers add spice and smokiness, pimentos add a little sweetness, and onion and garlic add an underlying savory flavor. And the best part? The cheese of course! I use two kinds of cheese: Sharp Cheddar, and Kraft Chipotle Cheese.
This recipe comes together in a matter of minutes, and there are endless options for how you can serve it. Serve it chilled as a spread for crackers or vegetables. Use it as a topping for a burger or hot dog. Heat it and dip tortilla chips in it. Or, (my favorite way) spread it on a piece of toast and broil it until melted – the best open-faced grilled cheese sandwich ever!
However you choose to enjoy this Chipotle Pimento Cheese, I hope you are diving in while cheering on your favorite team.
Chipotle Pimento Cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 pound Kraft Natural Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 ounces Kraft Natural Chipotle Cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, adjust this to suit your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimentos, drained
- Place onion, garlic, celery, and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the vegetables are ground into small pieces, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add shredded cheddar, chipotle cheese, ground chipotle powder, celery seed, salt, and half of the pimentos. Pulse several times, until you have a slightly chunky spread. Stir in the remaining pimentos.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.