Spider Cookies – Sugar cookies decorated to look like spiders using chocolate frosting and mini peanut butter cups. A fun and easy dessert for Halloween!
Our son, Jake, is so excited for Halloween. His costume has been chosen, our house is decorated, and he’s happily taking part in Halloween themed crafts and recipes – especially those that involve cookies, frosting, and peanut butter cups. 😉
Jake has been out of school on Fall break for the past couple weeks, so I thought this would be the perfect time to spend an afternoon making spider cookies. After a quick trip to the store (we needed candy eyeballs!), we got going on our spider cookies!
- Sugar cookies
- Chocolate frosting
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Candy eyeballs
This is a super fun and easy treat to make with kids. You can even make the cookies ahead of time and have your kids help with assembling the spiders.
Adorable, festive, and tasty! The most delicious arachnids you’ll ever eat.
Halloween Spider Cookies
- 15 baked and cooled sugar cookies
- 15 mini peanut butter cups
- 30 small candy eyeballs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk, half and half or cream
- Begin by making the frosting: With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder, and beat to combine. Add milk, then beat for a minute. Add more milk or powdered sugar if you need to adjust the consistency.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag. Using a small round pastry tip, pipe two small dots of frosting onto each peanut butter cup and press on the eyes. Place a small round of frosting on the center of each cookie (where the peanut butter cup will go), then pipe 8 legs. press the peanut butter cup onto the center of each cookie.
Inspired by these cookies