These fudgy brownies are filled with white chocolate chips and topped with swirls of raspberry jam and fresh raspberries.
I’ve rationalized that if I’m going to eat rich, fudgy brownies during the hottest months of summer they should probably have a little fruit in them. So, whew, mission accomplished. Chocolaty brownies swirled with raspberry jam, topped with fresh raspberries, and filled with white chocolate chips. Get excited, friends!
My White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake and White Chocolate Raspberry Trifle have sold me on the pairing of white chocolate and raspberries. Add in some cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate chips and you have the best combination of flavors.
This recipe has four delicious components that work perfectly together:
- Fudgy brownies – I used my favorite homemade brownies as the base of this recipe. They are made in one bowl and flavored with a combination of cocoa powder, white chocolate chips, and semisweet chocolate chips (for fudginess). Prepare the brownie batter, then spread it into a lined/greased 9×9 pan.
- Raspberry jam – Dollop raspberry jam onto the top of the brownie batter. Using the tip of a sharp knife, gently drag and swirl the jam into the batter before baking.
- Fresh raspberries – Press halved fresh raspberries onto the top of the brownie batter. These raspberries will add a pop of color and fresh flavor to every bite.
- White Chocolate chips – This sweet and creamy addition balances the flavors of chocolate and raspberries.
Serving and storage
Serving: allow these brownies to cool completely before serving. They should be underbaked just slightly but they will firm up as they cool. They are best served at room temperature.
Storage: After cooling completely, store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Bring to room temp before serving, or microwave them just a bit to get them fudgy again.
More flavored brownies:
Peanut Butter Brownies – Fudgy brownies filled with peanut butter cups and topped with a peanut butter swirl.
Coconut Brownies – Decadent brownies topped with creamy coconut and smooth chocolate ganache.
Strawberry Brownies – Brownies, chocolate whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and chocolate ganache!
Caramel Brownies – Rich brownies with a layer of caramel sauce in the middle and a drizzle of caramel on top.
Nutella Brownies – Delicious brownies filled with the flavors of chocolate and hazelnut.
White Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter (cooled slightly) or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 12 fresh raspberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9* square baking pan with foil or parchment paper and spray it with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk cocoa powder, sugar, salt, flour, and both chocolate chips until combined.
- Add eggs, butter/oil, water, and vanilla and stir somewhat vigorously with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan (it will be thick) and smooth into an even layer. Dollop the jam all over the top then use the tip of a sharp knife to drag and swirl the jam over the top of the brownies. Press the raspberries on the top of the brownie batter.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 28-32 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out without raw batter on it (fudgy crumbs are OK). Be sure not to overbake. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.