These Strawberry Biscuits were created as part of a shop compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own. #JustAdd7UP
Tender and fluffy biscuits filled with fresh strawberries. Check out the secret ingredient in this easy biscuit recipe!
Happy February! It’s the month of love! I enjoy celebrating everything, and Valentine’s Day is no exception.
Our Valentine’s Day usually starts off with chocolate chip pancakes and strawberry milk, but this year I’m switching things up. My family has been loving these easy Strawberry Biscuits, and they will definitely be making an appearance this Valentine’s Day. The bright red strawberries make these perfect for Valentine’s Day; you could even cut the biscuit dough into heart shapes to make them extra festive.
These Strawberry Biscuits are the easiest, fluffiest biscuits you will ever make. They are made with only a handful of ingredients that I found at Walmart.
- Baking Mix
- Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- Melted Butter
Yep, you read that right, 7UP in a biscuit! The 7UP makes these biscuits moist and fluffy and adds a touch of sweetness. Once you try these biscuits you will never want another biscuit again!
The other fun twist to this recipe is how these biscuits are baked: In a pool of melted butter (swoon). The melted butter makes the bottoms of the biscuits crisp and buttery, the insides are light and tender, and the top is adorned with a sprinkling of sugar. Every bite is the perfect marriage of flavor and texture.
You can choose to cut these biscuits big or small; I’ve made them both ways. Large biscuits will be more more fluffy and the small biscuits will have a crunchier outside texture. I prefer them big, with a smear of salted butter and strawberry jam. These are heavenly!
Since you’ll have extra 7UP from Walmart on hand after making this recipe, be sure to use it for your other Valentine’s Day needs (punch, mixed drinks, etc). If you know of any other baking recipes using 7UP, send them my way.
I hope you find time to get into your kitchen this Valentine’s Day. Baking for someone special is the perfect way to show them that you love them. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Note: Don’t have fresh strawberries? You can omit them from this recipe and make a plain biscuit, they’ll still be delicious.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter divided
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose baking mix
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ cup 7UP®
- ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt not greek yogurt
- Flour for dusting your board
- 1 tablespoon coarse sparkling sugar, raw sugar or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the baking mix in a large bowl and gently toss the strawberries in the baking mix. Add the 7UP and sour cream to the mix and gently stir with a rubber spatula until almost combined. Using your hands gather the dough, and fold it over gently a couple times. Place the dough on a generously floured board (it will be very sticky), and pat the dough out until it is ¾ inch thick. Using a 2-inch or 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut the dough into biscuits.
- Pour 3 tablespoons melted butter into a 9x9 or 9x13 pan (see note), spread the butter around.
- Place the biscuits in the prepared pan, leaving a little bit of room for them to grow (they shouldn’t be touching)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the biscuits are puffed and light golden brown.
- While the biscuits are still warm, brush with remaining 1 tablespoon of melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Serve warm with strawberry jam.
I purchased 7UP at Walmart.
For more inspiration, check out the 7UP website.