This dip is one of my weaknesses. I cannot be stopped once I start with this stuff – it’s that good. It’s the perfect combination of creamy, tangy, salty and spicy. It’s fantastic served with chips or toasted bread, but you could also offer veggies for dipping. I feel better about eating a bowl of bubbly cheese if I have some carrot sticks along with it. Just sayin’ 😉
This recipe is incredibly easy. You can make it in the oven or slow cooker. I suggest using the slow cooker if you’re planning on serving it at a party over a long period of time. This will help it stay warm and melty. The oven method is better if you’re serving it immediately. Either way, this is tasty stuff.
Warm and Cheesy Artichoke Jalapeno Dip (two ways)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons to 4 minced jalapenos* (fresh, canned or jarred)
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients except 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese in a large bowl. Once thoroughly combined, place into oven safe casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until warmed throughout and bubbly. Turn on the broiler and broil for an additional minute or two to brown the top. Serve immediately with chips, toasted bread or crudités.
Slow cooker method:
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and warm over medium/high heat, stirring occasionally. Once all the ingredients are warmed and melted, reduce the slow cooker to "low" or "keep warm." Serve straight from the slow cooker with chips, toasted bread or crudités.