A healthy protein-packed smoothie filled with the flavors of coffee and vanilla.
Hello there! Today I’m bringing you a recipe for a protein-packed smoothie that tastes like a vanilla latte (yum!). And since it’s the end of the month I’m also sharing some links for my Around My Table month end feature.
First, let’s talk about this smoothie. It is my new favorite! It is thick and creamy and filled with the flavors of coffee and vanilla. The coffee flavor comes from espresso powder and coffee yogurt, and the vanilla flavor comes from vanilla almond milk, vanilla protein powder, and a touch of vanilla extract.
This smoothie provides just the right amount of caffeine to get you going in the morning or to get you through your afternoon slump. Plus, the protein will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
Now, grab yourself a drink (or a smoothie!) and pull up a chair. Let’s check out some scrumptious links from around the web:
- Today totally calls for Leap Year Cocktail Slushies! Let’s do it.
- In case you missed it → The BEST news ever.
- Are you a peanut butter fan? This roundup of peanut butter recipes will have your drooling.
- We’ve been on a breakfast-for-dinner kick lately. Last week we had a Spinach and Ricotta Frittata with Scalloped Tomatoes. SO tasty.
- This Sausage Kale French Bread Pizza is on our menu this week. All that kale cancels out the calories from the sausage and cheese, right? 😉
- Just a couple weeks until St. Patrick’s Day! Try my Guinness Brownies with Irish Cream Frosting.
- This Elderberry Soda is full of antioxidants and immunity boosters. It seems like someone in our house is always sick lately. I can’t wait to try it.
- Not food related, but this made me totally happy.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee powder (I would guess that a shot of espresso would work here too, though I haven't tried it)
- ¼ cup coffee flavored yogurt (I used Chobani Greek yogurt)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Sweetener/sugar/honey to taste (this is personal preference)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Serve immediately.