Here is my new favorite jam-it tastes just like summer! It combines juicy strawberries with fragrant vanilla beans and just the right amount of sweetness. An added bonus? It can be made in about 30 minutes! It’s fantastic on scones, biscuits or toast and I also love it stirred into Greek yogurt or spooned over vanilla ice cream. If you’ve never made jam before, don’t be intimidated. It’s easier than you think. Give it a try!
Easy Strawberry Vanilla Bean Jam
Sweet juicy strawberries and fragrant vanilla beans make up this tasty and easy jam.
- 1 pound of strawberries stems removed
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple peeled and finely minced
- Chop the strawberries. The larger you chop them the more chunky your jam will be (I quartered the small berries and chopped the larger ones into eighths).
- Put the chopped strawberries in a deep heavy pot. Split the 1/2 of vanilla bean lengthwise and add it to the pot of strawberries along with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir all of the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow it to continue boiling for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. The jam is done once it has reduced, thickened and is dark red. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, remove the vanilla bean. Using your fingers or a knife, squeeze/scrape remaining seeds from the vanilla bean pod into the jam and mix in. Discard the pod.
- Transfer the jam to a covered container and store in the fridge up to 10 days.