Healthy Fruit Dip Recipe: A sweet and creamy chocolate fruit dip made healthier with Greek yogurt and light cream cheese. Serve with fruit or pretzels for dipping.
I have the ability to rationalize just about anything. Whether it’s a purchase from Target (I need those new bowls and plates for the blog; this is my job). Or that over the top four cheese grilled cheese sandwich that I made for dinner last night (It’s a brisk 50° out. We need comfort food). Or that birthday trip to wine country that I’m trying to convince my husband that we should plan (He only turns 40 once! Right? Right?).
So, when it comes to dipping fruit in chocolate it should come as no surprise that I rationalized this from the very beginning.
Fruit → Healthy!
Chocolate → Antioxidants! Minerals!
Greek yogurt → Protein! Calcium! Live and active cultures!
So, yeah, this is basically health food in my over-rationalized mind.
In all honesty, this dip walks the line between slightly indulgent and healthy. It’s filled with real ingredients and no artificial whipped toppings or instant pudding mixes. There is some sugar in here, so don’t go crazy and eat a whole bowl of this, but as a better-for-us-treat, this is a great option. Pssst…. Also give my healthier CREAM CHEESE FRUIT DIP a try!
Healthy Fruit Dip Recipe
- Greek Yogurt
- Cream Cheese (reduced fat)
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar
Most of these ingredients you probably have in your kitchen right now. I also like to add some mini chocolate chips (for, umm, decoration?). Those mini chips add a slight crunch and extra decadent chocolate flavor, so don’t skip ’em.
You can serve this dip with an assortment of fruit – strawberries, raspberries and bananas are my family’s favorites. I should also note that this dip is delicious on pretzels (sweet and salty for the win)! I came up with that idea when there was only a few bites of dip left (waah), and yes, I took out those last bites like a champ.
This dip is a fun addition to breakfast or brunch. It’s great for a party. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. And it’s a dessert you don’t have to feel guilty about.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Healthier Chocolate Fruit Dip
- 4 ounces light/reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Fresh fruit and/or pretzels, for dipping
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add yogurt, cocoa powder and powdered sugar and beat until combined. Taste and add more powdered sugar or more cocoa powder, if desired. Stir in chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on the top of the dip right before serving. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
This post originally appeared on Julie’s Eats & Treats where I am a regular contributor.