A lightened up version of creamy vanilla fruit dip. A simple, no bake, 4-ingredient recipe.
As the weather starts warming up, I’m being reminded that swimsuit/shorts/tank-top weather will be upon us shortly (cue screaming). That means I need to start eating a little lighter and maybe reducing the number of brownies and cookies that are consumed on a regular basis. I have been trying to eat fruit as dessert (not nearly as fun as ice cream, but, whatever), and I decided it was time to mix things up a little.
I had the idea for a honey vanilla fruit dip and I took some inspiration from the typical cream cheese fruit dip that we’ve all had before.
The fruit dip usually involves cream cheese along with marshmallow cream, cool whip or instant pudding. Those versions are all delicious, but I wanted something a little lighter (it’s for fruit, after all). So, I went without the corn syrup, artificial colors, and hydrogenated oils, and I threw together this delicious dip with only 4 ingredients. The dip gets its richness from cream cheese, a little tang from Greek yogurt, and the perfect amount of sweetness from honey and vanilla. I think this is the perfect dip for turning fruit into dessert and for sharing with friends at a spring or summer get together.
Light Vanilla Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- ounce One 5 or 6 container of non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heaping honey
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat all ingredients for several minutes, until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve,
- Serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers, or cookies for dipping.