This Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is light and creamy and flavored with vanilla and honey. An easy 4-ingredient recipe that everyone loves!
As the weather begins warming up, I am reminded that swimsuit/shorts/tank-top weather will be upon us shortly. That means I need to start eating a little lighter and maybe reducing the number of pies and cookies that are consumed on a regular basis. I have been trying to eat fruit as dessert (not nearly as fun as ice cream, but, whatever), and I decided it was time to mix things up a little. Fresh fruit with Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is a match made in heaven!
How To Make Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
This dip is made with:
- Cream cheese,
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract
Simply use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat all ingredients until light and fluffy. You can easily adjust the flavor by adding more honey to make it sweeter, or more yogurt to make it tangy. My family likes it exactly as written. The perfect combo of sweet, creamy and tangy.
Fruit Dip with Cream Cheese
Most cream cheese fruit dips usually involve marshmallow cream, cool whip or instant pudding. I still wanted the sweet-tangy flavor combination like those classic dips, but with ingredients that are a little more wholesome. I swapped the cool whip/pudding mix for a combination of vanilla yogurt and honey.
This dip contains NO corn syrup, artificial colors or hydrogenated oils that are in many fruit dips. Only four 4 simple ingredients that taste delicious together. You won’t miss all that yucky stuff, I promise.
What Fruit To Serve with Fruit Dip?
Wondering what fruit to serve with your fruit dip? Just about any fruit will do. These are our favorites:
- Fresh berries
- Mandarin oranges
- Apples – Cut them shortly before serving because they will brown.
- Sliced banana – Cut them shortly before serving because they will brown.
There are so many upcoming occasions that are perfect for serving this Cream Cheese Fruit Dip: Easter, Mother’s Day, spring picnics, summers BBQ’s. It can be an appetizer, a dessert, or even part of the main course.
You don’t have to wait for a special occasion. Keep a container of this dip in the fridge and pull it out whenever you’re craving something sweet. Guilt free treats? Yes, please!
Honey-Vanilla Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 5-6 ounce container vanilla Greek yogurt I prefer 2% or 5% fat
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey plus more, if needed
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat all ingredients for several minutes, until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more honey, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers, or cookies for dipping.