A soft graham cracker cookie crust topped with toasted marshmallows and milk chocolate chips. All the flavors of s’mores in delicious, portable bars!
Gooey, chewy, sticky goodness coming at ya! Apparently, I am an 8 year old inside, because I cannot get enough s’mores! S’mores Dip, S’mores Milkshakes, S’mores Donuts, and now S’mores Bars. I make no apologies; give me all the s’mores forever and ever.
There’s so much to love about the combo of graham crackers, chocolate, and toasted marshmallows. Maybe it’s the nostalgic flavors or the fact that they’re often eaten on vacation, or maybe it’s just because I have a massive sweet tooth. Whatever the reason, I just can’t get enough. Sooo, I took all the flavors of s’mores and made these perfect bars!
- Graham Cracker Cookie Crust: Our bottom layer is essentially a giant soft cookie/blondie that tastes like GRAHAM CRACKERS! I made a buttery, brown sugar dough and I filled it with lots of crushed graham crackers. It’s tender and moist and every bite tastes like a graham cracker, but better. Truth: this cookie base is my favorite part of these bars. I could totally eat it on its own.
- Chocolate Chips: S’mores are typically made with milk chocolate, so I used milk chocolate chips for this recipe (Ghirardelli are my favorite). You can use any chocolate chips you like: dark chocolate, semisweet… heck, you could even use a broken up candy bar. The chocolate chips get sprinkled on top of the cookie crust and they melt slightly and add chocolaty goodness to every bite.
- Marshmallows: Lots of mini marshmallows adron the top of these bars. We cook them long enough for the marshmallows to get a bit melty and toasted. Because you can’t have a s’more without melty, toasted marshmallows. Duh.
Tips for Making S’mores Bars
- Line your pan for easy removal. Simply lift the whole pan of bars out of the pan and gently peel the foil/parchment off the outside edges. Cut and serve!
- Moisten your fingertips with a little water to help you pat the cookie dough into the pan.
- Let these cool completely before cutting (if you can). I had no such will power, but if you do, your bars will cut cleaner than mine.
- Have a few bars leftover? Stick them in the freezer! My husband and I really enjoyed eating the leftovers straight from the freezer.
Sometime soon, pretty please, sink your teeth into these S’mores Bars. You won’t be sorry.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 -3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (or chopped milk chocolate bars)
- additional graham cracker pieces, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 pan with foil (for easy removal) and grease the foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Dump the dough into the prepared pan and flatten it out into one smooth layer. The dough will be sticky. I recommend moistening your fingertips with water to easily flatten it out.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until the marshmallows are light golden brown. Sprinkle the top with crushed graham crackers (if desired), then set on a wire rack to cool completely (for easier cutting).