This rich and ultra creamy Coffee Ice Cream is perfect for coffee lovers. This ice cream has a bold coffee flavor balanced with just the right amount of sweetness. This is a no-cook, no-churn recipe and no ice cream maker is needed. You only need four ingredients plus any optional mix-ins you want (nuts, toffee chips, chocolate, etc.).
Today we’re talking about two of my favorite things: coffee and ice cream. If you are looking for an easy coffee ice cream with loads of coffee flavor, this is it. Let’s get right to it!
Feel like baking instead? Try these Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies!
What is no-churn ice cream?
No-churn ice cream is ice cream that can be made without an ice cream maker. A typical no-churn ice cream recipe uses a combination of sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream that has been whipped to stiff peaks. The sweetness from the sweetened condensed milk and the fluffy quality of the whipped cream combine to make ice cream with an unbelievably smooth and creamy texture.
To make the ice cream base, gather the following ingredients:
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Espresso powder (I use this one)
- Vanilla extract
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, and vanilla.
- Fold the whipped cream into the milk mixture and freeze.
This ice cream is absolutely delicious served as is, but if you want to add a little something extra, you can stir in any of the following mix-ins before freezing:
- Roasted almonds
- Fudge swirls (use hot fudge ice cream topping)
- Chocolate chips
- Toffee bits
- Chopped chocolate covered espresso beans
- Make sure the heavy cream is really cold. This ensures that it will whip up easily.
- Freeze in a loaf pan. A freezer-safe loaf pan is my favorite way to store this ice cream. It makes for super easy scooping! See more on this below under “storage”.
- Run your ice cream scoop under hot water before scooping to get the ice cream out easily.
Serving and storage
Serving: Serve this ice cream straight from freezer (after at least 6 hours of freezer time). Like other no-churn ice cream recipes this one will get quite soft and creamy after sitting out, so eat it right from the freezer.
Storage: This ice cream will keep for about one week if frozen in a loaf pan and tightly covered with plastic wrap (I use two layers). If you’d like to store it for longer than that (up to one month) you will want to store it in a tightly sealed freezer safe storage container.
No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream
- 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, and vanilla. Add half the whipped cream and fold until combined. Add the remaining whipped cream and fold until combined.
- Scoop* the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container (I use a loaf pan) and smooth the top. Tightly cover and freeze until frozen, at least 6 hours, ideally overnight.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.