Strawberry Margarita – A Pitcher of margaritas featuring homemade strawberry syrup, blood orange juice, tequila, and orange liqueur. Refreshing, easy and dangerously delicious!
I couldn’t go one more day without telling you about these Strawberry Margaritas. I first made this recipe 2 years ago and I’ve had it on my list of recipes to share since then. Here it is, finally – and just in time for Cinco de Mayo. Let’s do this!
- Strawberry Syrup (three ingredients, 20 minutes – easy, peasy)
- Orange Liqueur
- Blood Orange Juice
These are the perfect spring Margarita. We combine beautiful spring strawberries with a little citrus. I love blood oranges paired with strawberries – it’s so, so, so good. Plus, the blood orange juice helps make our margs that beautiful shade of pinkish red. Tell me this isn’t one of the prettiest cocktails you’ve ever seen?
Note: If you can’t get your hands on blood oranges, you can absolutely use regular oranges – even tangerines would be great!
Let’s talk about another thing I love about this recipe: We’re making a whole pitcher!
Margarita Pitcher Recipe
Yep, a pitcher of Strawberry Margaritas. Why make one when you can make several?! We’re going through the work of making strawberry syrup and juicing oranges, we might as well make a whole pitcher of margaritas. Invite over some friends or neighbors and watch these margaritas disappear.
The great thing about making your own cocktails is that you can adjust them to suit your tastes. If you want it stronger, add more alcohol. Sweeter? Add more strawberry syrup or orange juice. Occasionally I also add a couple tablespoons of lime juice to add a bit of tartness. Use my recipe as a guide to craft your perfect Strawberry Margarita.
Don’t forget to add some sugar or salt to the rim of your glass. I love using a mix of both (sweet + salty together is the BEST).
Here’s how to do it: Place equal parts sugar and coarse salt on a plate. Run a lime or orange wedge around the rim of an empty glass to moisten it, and then gently twist it in the sugar/salt. Voilà!
Frozen Strawberry Margarita: Prefer your margarita frozen? Whip up the recipe below (maybe a tad stronger), throw it in a blender with some frozen strawberries and crushed ice, and give it a whirl!
Blood Orange Strawberry Margarita
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup silver tequila or more, if desired
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 cup strawberry syrup more or less, according to preference
- 1 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice regular oranges can be substituted
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice optional
- orange slices and strawberries for garnish
Strawberry Syrup (allow time to chill):
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. Periodically press the fruit with the back of a spoon to help it cook down.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour the mixture through. Lightly press on the fruit to extract all of the syrup. Cool syrup.
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir until combined. Add crushed ice, orange slices and strawberries.