Whip up a pitcher of these fresh and flavorful Watermelon Mojitos. Watermelon, lime, mint, and rum combine in this delicious cocktail!Happy Saturday! What are you up to this weekend? I’m super excited because I am taking a girls trip to Las Vegas!
I’m looking forward to pool time, shopping, delicious eats, and lots of laughs. I’ve got a cooler packed up with everything we’ll need to make mojitos. I might be the only person who arrives to Las Vegas with homemade cocktails. Ha! I whipped up some homemade cookies too. Everyone travels with cocktails and cookies, right?
These Watermelon Mojitos are a fabulous summer cocktail. The combination of fresh watermelon puree, mint simple syrup, lime juice, and rum just screams “summer.” They are light and refreshing, and they go down sooooo easily. Too easily.
Plus, look at that color. Beautiful!
This recipe makes a pitcher of mojitos, which is great if you’re serving several people. No need to mix up individual drinks; just combine everything in the pitcher and pour into ice-filled glasses. Your friends will love ’em.
Make sure you plan a little bit in advance because you’ll need to allow your watermelon puree and simple syrup to cool. Prepare them a couple of hours in advance and have everything ready and waiting in your fridge.
Have fun with the garnishes. I love adding watermelon, lime slices, and fresh mint to each glass. Technically, if you get enough fruit in there you practically have a fruit salad. And since fruit = healthy, I guess this is technically health food. ← Kidding, of course.
I hope you have a beautiful summer weekend. If you need a way to stay cool… you’re lookin’ at it. Drink up, friends!
Mint simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 leaves handful fresh mint about 20 leaves
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon about 1/2 mini watermelon
- 1 cup white rum
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2- 2 cups watermelon puree
- Mint simple syrup to taste (I used almost all of it. About 2/3 )
- Optional garnishes: watermelon, limes, mint
Prepare simple syrup (allow time to chill):
- Combine water, sugar, and mint in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and chill.
- Place watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour through a fine mesh sieve to remove any solids. Chill the puree.
- Combine rum, lime juice, 1 1/2 - 2 cups watermelon puree, and mint simple syrup in a large pitcher. Pour into ice-filled glasses, garnish if desired.