A creamy Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte, lightly sweetened, with a subtle hint of vanilla. This healthier version uses vanilla almond milk, but feel free to use the milk of your choice. A make-ahead option allows you to have this latte ready whenever you want it!
Matcha!!! We’re turning this superfood into a creamy Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte!
I was introduced to matcha a couple years ago by my aunt. At first I was unsure about it, but I kept playing around with it until I found my favorite way to drink it – and here it is! This latte is made from unsweetened vanilla almond milk, matcha green tea powder, a drizzle of honey, and a splash of vanilla extract.
My tip for preparing matcha is to ensure the matcha powder is completely dissolved in the beverage. I use a blender to mix up this latte and it always has a smooth consistency with no lumps. Since this recipe does require a blender, I often double or triple it and store the leftovers in the fridge. Then all you have to do is pour it over ice when you’re ready. No need to use and wash the blender every single day.
I love having one of these lattes before a workout. It energizes without a jittery over-caffeinated feeling. Not only is this latte delicious but it is so good for you. Matcha green tea is energizing, anti-inflammatory, and high in antioxidants. It also raises metabolism, fights anxiety, and boosts memory and concentration. Get sipping!
On an unrelated note… It’s already the end of the month! As I do at the end of each month, I’m sharing some of my favorite food related links from around the web:
- 25 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Dinner planning. I’m a weekly planner, but I might give this two week approach a try.
- My husband and I loved this Kale Cobb Salad. I like to shred the kale really fine.
- Last week I made these Fruit and Nut Crisps (with triple crème brie!). I dare you not to eat the whole batch.
- 24 Ways to Eat Black Beans
- Three words: Spinach Dip Quiche. I haven’t tried it yet, but it sounds so tasty and simple.
Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- 12 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons honey, pure maple syrup or other sweetener (or more to taste)
- splash pure vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium-high speed until the matcha powder is dissolved, about 30 seconds. Taste, and add more sweetener if desired. Pour over ice.
I occasionally double or triple this recipe and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. This allows me to prepare an iced latte quickly without having to get out my blender each time.
If you're new to drinking matcha you might want to reduce the matcha powder slightly and/or increase the sweetener. The flavor can be a bit overpowering if you're not used to it.
Feel free to add protein powder (I use vanilla) and crushed ice to turn this into a matcha protein smoothie.