This sweet and creamy Maple Butter comes together in minutes! It’s delicious on rolls, biscuits, muffins, pancakes, waffles, sweet potatoes, and more.
Exactly how many warm rolls slathered in Maple Butter is it acceptable to eat in one sitting? Two? Six? A Costco-size bag? Asking for a friend.
One bite and you’ll wonder how you ever lived your life without this glorious condiment. It’s creamy, sweet, a little salty, and filled with the comforting flavor of maple syrup. You’ll want to put it on EVERYTHING! If you’d prefer your butter sweetened with honey instead of maple syrup you can try this HONEY BUTTER.
How To Make Maple Butter
You’ll need the following ingredients for this recipe:
- Softened butter
- Pure maple syrup
- Powdered sugar (to thicken it up a bit)
- Maple extract (optional to add a stronger maple flavor)
Instructions: Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat all ingredients until well combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
What to Put Maple Butter On:
This Maple Butter is good on just about everything. Some of our favorites are:
- Rolls, muffins, biscuits
- English muffins, bagels
- Banana bread, pumpkin bread
- Pancakes, waffles, french toast
- Baked sweet potatoes
- Roasted butternut squash
- Maple scones
How To Store It?
This butter will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. If you’re planning on eating it within a couple of days you can leave it out tightly covered in a butter crock, butter dish, or food storage container.
TIP: You’ll want to serve this butter at room temperature. If it’s not already softened, I recommend removing it from the fridge 1-2 hours before you need it to allow it to soften.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract, optional, but recommended for a stronger flavor
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, adjust to suit your taste
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat all ingredients until smooth and combined, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Drizzle additional syrup over the butter as a garnish, if desired. Feel free to adjust ingredient quantities to suit your taste.